I ran into Target last night for some retail therapy.
I came across a bunch of Christmas decorations already 50% off.
As I stated in my last holiday decorating post I do not like to spend money on decorations.
But these cute little sweater trees were calling my name.
$6.99 plus 50% off.
Seemed reasonable to me.
So I bought two.
I came home and scrounged around for other items to put with it.
Lo and Behold.
I had a Christmas tablescape complete.
- Sea glass- clearance at Pottery Barn last Christmas, $4.19
- Wood Vase Fillers- $7.99 TJMaxx
- Glass votives- left over from my wedding.
- Ceramic Tree Candelabras- clearance at TJMaxx several years ago($7 each I think)
- Copper Candles- $3.99 TJMaxx
- Linen Runner- Pottery Barn Outlet Clearance, $9
- Silver Bowl- $12 Pier1, two years ago I think
Common Sense Note: If you like these trees but your Target is out of stock, just make cones out of poster-board.
Cut -up an old sweater in the same shape as the cone and use some Elmers glue to attach the sweater to the cone.
Viola. DIY Sweater Trees.