I am thankful for many things this year.
But life has been a little too serious for my liking the last few months; so my list this year will be the things that I won’t be mentioning at the obligatory “what are you thankful for this year” statement before the meal on Thursday.
- I am thankful for indoor plumbing. During our recent slight flood during our bathroom remodel we went without water for about 36 hours. I can’t tell you how many times I tried to turn on the faucet only to remember that we had no water.
- I am thankful for my new refrigerator. It is a beast in the best way possible.
- I am thankful for Amazon. That website makes my life much easier. From soap to Christmas presents, Amazon always comes to the rescue.
- I am thankful for my dishwasher, after living without one for almost two years.
- I am thankful that Publix and Target are less than five minutes from my house.
- I am thankful for the wool socks I wear to bed at night.
- I am thankful that my husband puts up with my bountiful shoe collection.
- I am thankful for the little birthday celebration that my sister-in-law threw for me this week.
- I am thankful that we are going to be beach right after New Years.
- I am the most thankful that we get a four day weekend starting today.
- I am glad that I remembered to do all my holiday grocery shopping on Saturday so I am not fighting the crowds today.:)
But most of all, I am thankful for my family- my husband, stepsons, parents and siblings.
Because I don’t believe the saying,”No matter how bad things get, family will always be there.”
Your family does not always have to be there for you. It’s their choice.
And I hope I never take for granted the fact that they choose to be there for me.