This recipe is packed with fiber and other good things.
And it’s delish!
Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili
- 1/2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 32 oz box black bean soup (Trader Joes or similar)
- shredded cheese (garnish) optional
- cilantro (garnish) optional
Brown the ground beef in a large sauce pan (I have also used leftover taco meat). Drain off the fat. Add in the chili powder, onion powder and sweet potato, corn and black bean soup. Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes then serve.
I served mine with my easy corn bread muffins. Click here for the recipe.