House Hunting- Part 2

About hour after first seeing the house with four acres we found out that 2 offers were already being submitted to the listing agent.

So at that point we had to decide…

If we really wanted this house, even though it needed major improvements down the road?

If after the surveyor comes we find out we could not split up the property to sell (and in turn use the money for renovations) did we still want it?

We looked at each other and said YES! to both questions.

So we put in our best offer and waited about 24 hours to hear back.

There was some nail biting involved, but in the end we got the contract on the house!

So as long as the inspections go smoothly this week, we will be moving in 2-3 weeks!

I plan to have a painter come and deal with the one room with dark paneling and the kitchen cabinets b/c this pregnant lady with severe sciatica is not up to doing that much painting right now.

And there are lots of things that we want to do to this house down the road, but for now we are really excited about settling in a “forever” home and then having this baby in the summer.

We are so thankful for my brother in law Jordan Corbett for finding this house. We were able to see it before it went out on public real estate sites. Go HERE for his contact info.


One thought on “House Hunting- Part 2

  1. I honestly can’t wait to see the renos you do. I think it will help give inspiration for my 70s kitchen. So happy for you guys! ❤️🏡

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s