This recipe may not win any culinary awards, but it sure is simple and tasty.
Perfect for a weeknight meal.
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta
- 3 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (neufchatel cheese is fine, too)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (do not dilute)
- 1/2 cup ready-made Italian dressing
- 1/2 package dry Italian dressing seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 oz corkscrew, bow tie or penne pasta
- fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- shaved Parmesan
Toss the first 8 ingredients in the slow cooker and combine. Cook on low for 4-5 hours (frozen chicken breasts make a little longer). Using cooking scissors, cut up/shred the chicken breasts while still in the slow cooker. *Check the seasoning to see if salt needs to be added.
Prepare pasta according to the packaging. Drain and add to the slow cooker. Toss well.
Serve with fresh basil, Parmesan, garlic bread and salad.